Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Today is the day!! We got a referral for a precious baby girl!! One month old!!! She is gorgeous and we are TOTALLY IN LOVE with her! Here's how the referral happened...
I was home from work today fighting a migraine headache. So I was laying on the couch resting when the phone rang. I almost didn't answer it because I had already gotten two calls from people wanting to sell me something! And it wasn't my cell phone that was ringing, which was the number I thought Terra would be calling. Anyway, it showed up as America World and my heart started beating fast. Before I answered it though, I calmed myself down and started thinking that she was probably calling to tell me about some kind of problem with our referral and that it would be coming soon. But she wasn't!!! She said "Julie"? I said "yes". She said "This is Terra and I'm calling with good news...this is your referral call!" Then I gasped and said something like "Oh my gosh!!! Are you kidding me?" She laughed and asked if I wanted Eddie to be in on the call. I said yes, but she was unable to reach him. So I got all the info while trying to control my sobbing so I could listen to the details. We hung up and I texted Eddie and told him to COME HOME NOW...WE HAVE A BABY! He told his students to go to another classroom and he darted home. He walked in the door with big tears in his eyes and I told him it's a baby girl. We both cried and held onto each other. I will never forget that moment the rest of my life. Then he ran to pick up the boys from school so we could see her all together. My parents came over to video for us. I will be posting the video tonight.
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us during this crazy journey. We are so thrilled and so thankful. God is very good and his timing is perfect. Seeing her precious face for the first time made all the waiting, anxiety, and tears worth it. Now we are longing to have her home with us. Please keep us in your prayers as we take the next step on this adoption journey!

9 comments:

Erica said...

Congratulations! Your story is touching and a reminder that God has a plan for all of us and we must trust Him - His timing is always perfect. Now, we will join you in praying for a fast and successful court date!

Erica R.
AWAA YG

kristin said...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veggiemom said...

Congrats!!! Hope the rest of your journey to bring her home is smooth and speedy!

Kat said...

Congratulations!! We're so excited for you guys!

Erin Sager said...

Yah, so happy for you, can't wait to see the video, what a great day, it happened on my birthday!!!!

Cindy Foote said...

Congratulations!!!!! How exciting! Blessings!

Cindy Foote

Shala said...

So excited for you all!!!

Shala

Jaime said...

so happy for you julie! we also have 2 boys and this will be our first girl, so i can only imagine your joy!

Linda Rohne said...

Congratulations! I am so very, very Happy for All of You! May The Lord Continue To Lead and Guide You Both As Parents, Giving You All The Love, Wisdom and Direction You Need Each and Every Day!
Hugs, Linda R
B.C. Canada