Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Her Name Will Be...

Those of you who know us well know we have had a name picked out for this baby girl for a very long time...since 2005 to be exact! But for those of you who don't...we will be naming our baby girl Hannah Rose (and then her African name, which I cannot post until we pass court). Hannah means grace. In Amharic, it means favored by God. Her middle name will be Rose after my mother in law.
Since our referral, we feel like a weight has been lifted from us. We no longer wonder what she will look like. Her picture is everywhere...in frames all over the house, at work, in my car, on my computer, and in my purse. I have memorized her sweet little face and it's the last thing I see in my mind as I fall asleep and the first thing I see when I wake. She is more beautiful than we ever could have imagined. We cannot wait to meet her, to hold her and tell her how much we love her and have loved her even before she was born. Andrew, my youngest son, told me the other day that he misses her. And that is true. We all miss her and haven't even met her. It's amazing how much love we have for this little baby whom we haven't met yet.
It's a wonderful feeling having her picture and not waiting every moment for the phone to ring with "THE CALL". Now we are even more ready to have her home with us!

3 comments:

Erin Sager said...

I love her name, so sweet. So happy you guys, looking forward to seeing her picture. Enjoy!

Jaime said...

Very pretty:) can't wait to see her in your arms...

kristin said...

Sweet! I love that name. My middle name is Rose too!