Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Africa Homecoming



The flight home was about an hour and a half longer than the flight to Addis Ababa. However we slept most of the way and it felt much shorter to me. When we got off the plane, I changed Hannah's clothes and got her "ready" to meet my parents and sister and father in law. We thought we would just be seeing them, but when we exited the terminal, we saw aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. When I saw everyone I started to cry. I didn't think I would be emotional but I sure was. We had waited so long to have Hannah home...and our family and friends had waited with us...and here we were with Hannah on Oklahoma soil! It was wonderful. I will never forget that wonderful day...

















w

2 comments:

Tracy said...

she looks SO tiny! How old was she when you brought her home??

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

She was soooo tiny...awwwww.