Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Wednesday, May 19, 2010


Next week we will be celebrating our Gotcha Day with Hannah. It just amazes me to think back to how little she was when we got her...8 lbs at 4 months! Now she's a whopping 20 lbs and running all over the place! She was this quiet little baby and now I hear "Momma" and "Daddy" about 100 times a day. She absolutely LOVES to dance. It doesn't matter if music is on tv, or in our car, or our ringtones or alarm clock...if she hears music, she automatically starts dancing. (We have it on video and I'll post it soon. :)) Before we went to Ethiopia, I had heard that Ethiopians were quiet, mild mannered people...and when we got there I found it to be completely true. Well, not the Ethiopian who lives at our house! She is quite vocal and can throw a fit when she doesn't get her way. And I'm talking about a throw-herself-on-the-floor fit with arms waving and legs kicking. (Ok...as I'm writing this some music started on the tv and she is dancing in the kitchen...love it!) Anyway, neither of my boys did this tantrum throwing so this is new to me! If anybody has any good ideas, send them my way!
We are so crazy about this little girl and we really can't believe that we will be celebrating Gotcha Day next week. I will probably post some pics and talk about our trip again in some posts in the next few days since our trip will be on my mind. More to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I cannot believe it has been 1year! The time is really flying! She is just a doll!

Kirksey Family said...

Our son is 3 he has been home from Ethiopia for about 9 weeks...He has these scraming, kicking, hitting, bitting, fits....We have started putting him in a time out everytime he does this (regardless of the reason) it has proved to be VERY effective! He is starting to comunicate with words rather than screaming...It has been very helpful:)