Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We are so close...

We are growing closer and closer to seeing our baby for the first time. It is such a good feeling after such a long wait for us. When we started in the China program it was spring of 2005. We switched to Ethiopia in 2008. So this has been such a long journey for our family...especially for our two young boys.
According to the "unofficial waiting list" we are either 1st or 2nd in line for a boy and 5th in line for a girl. This is very, very exciting. I now carry my cell phone with me wherever I go just in case we get "THE CALL"!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

ooooh la la. The call is coming SOON!

Erin Sager said...

So exciting....Any day now.. We have a similiar story started in China 06, switched countries, just know you are not alone, I will be sending my best to you in hopes you receive good news soon...

Amber said...

Thanks for your prayers! I look forward to celebrating your referral!

Shala said...

Oh my word, y'all. It looks like since you are an "either" that, with the referrals from today (1/23/09) the next boy referral is yours. Yeah! So excited for you.

Shala
DTE 5/30/08